As the novel coronavirus first began to spread, Iqra Fund mobilized our team and resources to work with our communities and government to shut local schools and to distribute guidelines regarding vigilant hand washing and social distancing.
And while many nonprofits and small businesses in the U.S. and around the world are faced with the prospect of shutting down during this period of uncertainty, that is not an option for Iqra Fund. When we return to business as usual, your support of our work will help us continue to fund children's education in Pakistan.
By registering and creating an Iftar, we know you share our vision of creating a better livelihood for the remote villages where we work. By tapping into your networks, you'll help us keep thousands of students’ dreams of an education alive!
A FEW IDEAS (but we encourage creativity!)
* We can postpone concerts and sporting events, but we can't postpone Ramadan! Instead of hosting or attending an in-person Iftar, use your time at home to have a series of smaller virtual gatherings. Do a cooking demonstration of one of your favorite dishes, or share recipes with your guests so you can enjoy a united experience!
* You can donate your birthday by asking everyone who was going to buy you a gift to donate to your personal fundraiser page instead.
* Did you have a wedding or another major celebration that you've had to postpone? Ask your inner circle to put their gift money to good use now—donate to your Iftar instead!
* Run/walk/ride your own mini-marathon; it's one of the few activities we can still do outside the house or indoors on a treadmill or a stationary bike! Ask your friends and family to agree to sponsor you for every mile; check in on your phone in a Facebook Live or a Instagram Story during your trek; wear a tracker or download an app to show your progress, and ask followers to donate their contribution to your personal fundraiser.
* Record yourself breaking a personal record doing an activity that you love and ask spectators to donate to the cause you love.
* Any other creative idea that can be linked to your organization's core mission is excellent!
Iqra Fund is a U.S. based nonprofit organization committed to serving girls in remote regions faced with economic, social, and political barriers to education.
Edit this message to tell users that can't take action (because of their location) how to contribute. For example, consider adding a link to a petition or donation page that you have created, or add social sharing options so that these supporters can help get the word out on social media.
You're all set. A copy of your receipt will be emailed to you. Also, if you did not yet create a username and password for your login to your Fundraiser page, you will receive an email that will get you started on that process. Thank you for choosing to take part in this meaningful effort!